Thursday 21 February 2008

Generic USB mass storage driver for windows 98

Once I had a problem with windows 98 when I was trying to fix the computer of my friend. The problem came when his digital camera could not be recognized with the system. I have tried to install the driver from its CD but I could not install the driver. It's said that some files are missing from the system. My thought come to conclusion that the driver is specified for NT base system.

This what made me wonder, is there any generic USB driver for windows 98. Likes windows XP, you can plug any USB drive from many vendors and the system can recognize it.

After searching and asking to uncle Google, I found such an interesting page that describe step by steps and links to download the needed driver and software. The link is here.

0 comments: